One of Gubi's most innovative products, the Gubi Chair collection was designed by Boris Berlin and Poul Christiansen of Komplot Design. The Gubi Chair is the first furniture design to be based on the innovative technique of moulding three-dimensional veneer. The 3-D design gives the chair a comfortable seat and sense of lightness. Ground-breaking technology allows the thickness of the veneer to be reduced to half what is normally used. The Gubi chair was designed in 2003, has won numerous design awards and is included in the permanent collection at the Museum of Modern Art in New York.
- 21.3"w 21.3"d 31.5"h 17.7"seat ht (18.1" upholstered)
- 4-Leg wooden base in American walnut, oak or black-stained beech.
- Shells options include:
- HiRek in black, white, blue morning, orange sweet, misty gray or midnight gray.
- Moulded 3D veneer in American walnut, oak or black-stained beech.
- HiRek and veneer shells can be front or fully upholstered in various fabrics and leathers or COM/COL.
- Standard plastic sliders, felt sliders available upon request.
- Made in Denmark by GUBI.