The PK9™, also known as the Tulip Chair, is renowned for it's unique shape. The shape is characterized by three pieces of satin-brushed stainless steel that act as a column, or set of legs, and carries the leather seat. The story behind the cahir is about Poul Kjaerholm's uncompromising quest for the perfect shape. The inspiration for the shape of the shell comes from an imprint of his wife's, Hanne Kjaerholm, behind in the sand on the beach. Later, during the design process, Kjaerholm had he sit in boxes of clay to find the most comfortable solution. PK9™ is perfeclty suited for the PK54™ table.
- Side/dining chair with satin-brushed stainless steel base, fully upholstered seat in a limited addition of leathers.
- Seat of the shell in pressure moulded, fiber-reinforced polyester.
- Leather is glued to the back of the shell but loose on the front to enhance comfort.
- 22.8"w 22.8"d 30.3"h 16.9"seat ht
- Made in Denmark by Fritz Hansen.